Warehouse Inventory Control Lead
Newbury Franklin Industrials
Buffalo, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2023
Overview: We are seeking a detail-oriented and organized Warehouse Inventory Control Lead to develop and maintain an accurate inventory control and materials management system, bring outside warehouse experience to existing management team, and take initiative on new productivity ideas and be an on-the-floor change leader.
- Maintain inventory accuracy to ensure that locations and inventory levels are continuously accurate and match digital records (Netsuite ERP).
- Lead regular physical inventory counts (cycle counts) and reconcile any discrepancies.
- Streamline materials management and warehouse flow to improve operational efficiency.
- Organize the inventory layout for efficient picking and handling operations to support Receiving and Shipping departments.
- Prepare reporting on inventory levels to support Sales, Purchasing, and Operations teams.
- Supervise and train inventory control team in day-to-day activities and proper methods.
- Generate and execute continuous improvement ideas related to inventory efficiency.
- Write standard operating procedures for inventory control and materials management and ensure that warehouse maintains these standards.
- Previous inventory control and materials management experience in a warehouse
- Proficient interacting with ERP systems with preference for Oracle Netsuite
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and Warehouse Management Systems
- Organized, detail-oriented, analytical, and independent decision-making skills
- Preferred experience managing front line associates (pickers, packers, shippers, counters, etc.) but not required
- 401(k) with employer match
- Medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, and life insurance benefits
- Paid time off
- Performance-based annual bonus