Client Success - Team Manager
Position: Business Manager
Location: Richmond, VA - training period Hybrid in Charlottesville, VA
Business-to-business consulting firm seeking qualified candidate for management position in the regulatory compliance industry. másLabor is a leading labor consultant for the agricultural, commercial landscaping, hospitality, and construction industries, serving thousands of U.S. businesses across the country.
The Business Manager oversees aspects of client service, personnel, performance metrics, and continuous strategic improvement of the business. This position reports directly to the Sr. Vice President, Business Management (SVPH2) with whom they work strategically and harmoniously to drive cutting edge, industry leading comprehensive consulting services. Business Managers are offered upward mobility and career potential with, pending sound performance, an opportunity to transition to Director, Sr. Director, VP and/or Sr. Business Manager overseeing multiple cohorts, programs, and/or offices.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manages a modest H2 caseload in a client-facing, servant leadership capacity.
- Maintains timely filing and client consulting services, leveraging hands on experience to optimize for case efficiency, quality, and accuracy.
- Drafts thoughtful and targeted agendas, contributing to and/or leading engaging team meetings in furtherance of company strategic goals.
- Serve as de-facto front-line for respective team; this includes any number of Case Manager inquiries ranging from client escalations and complaints, nuanced program inquiries, site-specific case support, etc.
- Serves as administrative support, as needed, to direct reports during busiest time of the year.
- Manages performance and development (in conjunction with SVPH2) of their team. Work quality and timeliness, effective consulting capability, and the development of future Case Management talent remain at the forefront of all decision making.
- Drives adherence to our client service standards utilizing a data-driven approach to filing deadlines and client service capabilities. Rewards, recognizes, and redirects where necessary, exhibiting strong active management and servant leadership.
- Responsible for fielding PTO requests and other coverage related accommodations in pursuit of maintaining seamless availability for filing and client needs.
- Leads by example, actively exhibiting and coaching to másLabor’s core values.
- Drafts and administers thoughtful and actionable evaluations for respective team.
Training and Development
- Responsible for the development of their H2 cohort’s program knowledge and case management abilities.
- Intelligently assess and adapt as business needs evolve to maximize the potential for entry-level staff to make a timely, fruitful transition to Case Management.
- Drives continuous improvement of the team. This includes but is not limited to H-2 systems, templates, training materials, regulatory changes, educational content curation, and client communications.
- Provides thoughtful, strategic input on technology initiatives relative to their area of responsibility; consult when called upon to deliver the best, client-centric service offerings and technologies with a focus on expanding our value proposition to existing and prospective American businesses.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and client service skills.
- Superb attention to detail, critical thinking, and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities in high-stakes, deadline-intensive environment.
- Exhibits leadership fundamentals, including building up direct reports to become leaders, working collaboratively across departments, serving as a player-coach, and striving for goal alignment.
- Can deliver and receive constructive feedback and is highly coachable.
- Professional ambition and desire to ‘get in on the ground floor’ with an industry leading B2B consulting firm.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience (any combination of strong people-management tenure and/or relevant collegiate academic experience), preferably in a consulting, immigration, or account management environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- While relevant H2 and/or related consulting experience is helpful, it is not required to thrive in this role. We are seeking talented and ambitious leaders who are (1) willing to learn; (2) maintain a need for achievement maintain a; AND (3) track record of being a player-coach to their team.
- $80,000-$120,000 annually, with potential to earn up to 8% KPI-driven bonus