Remote Hospice Triage RN
We invite you to join our growing team!
IntellaTriage Nurses enjoy the benefits of working from home, providing care, without the stress and expense of commuting each day!
**MUST have or be willing to obtain a Compact RN license
**MUST live in/work from a Compact US state
**Experience with end-of-life care is strongly preferred
**Must have high speed internet
**Must be tech savvy, enjoy a fast-paced environment, and have keyboard competence
Built around a mission to improve the lives of nurses and patients, IntellaTriage has been providing after-hours nurse triage for hospice and home health providers since 2008. Utilizing best-in-class technology, IntellaTriage provides round-the-clock direct access to licensed, registered nurses using client-customized protocols for patient-centered, compassionate care. We are growing rapidly and excited to support our clients’ nursing staff in the field by leveraging our outsourced team of nurses to manage after-hours care delivery. Our triage nurses become an extension of our clients’ care team, and they trust us to support them and their patients during their non-core hours. Learn more at www.intellatriage.com.
Our Hospice Triage Nurses:
- Have experience in hospice, palliative, end-of-life care and in fast-paced environments: ED, critical care, surgical services, etc.
- Work a minimum of 4 shifts per pay period for part-time status (2 week pay period)
- Preferred scheduling for their weekday requirements (shift times are set)
- Work every other weekend, both Saturday and Sunday
- Receive three weeks of remote paid training. The training schedule varies based on availability
If you like exciting, fast-paced roles, keep reading…
- You can pick up additional shifts, if available, for the clients’ you are trained to support.
- We will provide you with a laptop and headset.
- You’re required to use your own high-speed internet
- You’ll need a quiet space, away from noise and distraction, while you work (privacy/HIPAA compliant space is required).
- You’ll access EMRs for charting and utilize our internal applications to perform job functions
- You MUST be able to follow instructions, read directions, and be confident using technology
- A minimum of 30 minutes paid shift prep is required prior to taking calls
- You’ll spend 30 minutes to 2 hours, at the end of your shift, completing remaining charting before clocking out
Sound exciting to you?
Then… put those days on the floor, that commute, and those hours on the home-visit road behind you! Our nurses enjoy working from their home; no more purchasing scrubs, expensive takeout, large gas bills, or extra wear-and-tear on your vehicle.
Working remotely gives you more time to spend with those you love!
In a recent press release, the 2022 IntellaTriage Nurse of the Year said: "Work from home and be able to provide hospice care? This can't be real!" Five years later, she is IntellaTriage Nurse of the Year. "I love it here, and I will work here until I retire." Read more about this award and its accompanying benefit here: https://bit.ly/3OfebO5
- MUST have or be willing to obtain a Compact RN license (states with pending or future implementation dates are not considered current compact states until the implementation date)
- You must remain in good standing and ensure your home state license remains active.
- IntellaTriage will cover the cost of non-compact state licensure if necessary for client support.
- Hospice, palliative, end-of-life care is strongly preferred
- Experience in a fast-paced environment: ED, surgical services, or critical care, etc.
- Must be comfortable accessing multiple technology applications to document during calls
- Ability and comfort with typing in a fast-paced environment
- Fluency in English is required, additional languages are a bonus
- Must physically reside in the U.S. and be legally eligible to work for any employer
- Must be able to complete three weeks of remote paid training that is conducted during days and evenings
- Must be available to work every other Saturday & Sunday
- Must be available to work some Holidays as required
- Must be able to handle stress and multitask when receiving calls (minimum of 5 calls per hour on weekdays, and up to 8 per hour on weekends)
- Must be able to communicate empathically with patients while adhering to protocols
- Must maintain CEU’s as designated by the states in which you are answering calls
- Must attend any in-services, and additional training on an as needed basis
- Must pass background check and nurse licensing check
All Remote Hospice Triage RNs, once trained to their originally assigned team are paid $23 per hour. There are multiple opportunities to increase the hourly rate. All part-time and full-time RNs accumulate PTO, based on the number of hours worked (per year). All part-time and full-time RNs receive an additional 3-paid-sick-days per year. All part-time and full-time RNs are eligible to participate in our 401(k) plan. Full-time RNs may also participate in medical, dental, vision, and/or supplemental insurances.