Hospice Social Worker
Ennoble Care is a mobile primary care, palliative care, and hospice service provider with patients in New York, New Jersey, Maryland, DC, Virginia, and Georgia. Ennoble Care’s clinicians go to the home of the patient, providing continuum of care for those with chronic conditions and limited mobility. Ennoble Care offers a variety of programs including, remote patient monitoring, behavioral health management, and chronic care management, to ensure that our patients receive the highest quality of care by a team they know and trust. We seek individuals who are driven to make a difference and embody our motto, “To Care is an Honor.” Join Ennoble Care today!
Ennoble Care is seeking an experienced, Full-time, licensed Hospice Social Worker for our Alpharetta / Atlanta, GA region.
- Conduct a psychosocial assessment as part of the comprehensive assessment within 5 days of admission to the hospice program. This includes emotional, social, financial and environmental resources and to identify appropriate psychosocial problems, interventions and goals for the patient’s plan of care.
- Participate in IDG meetings and the development of the patient’s plan of care.
- Observe, record and report changes on the patient's emotional and social factors that are being affected by the patient's illness and his/her need for care and his/her response to treatment.
- Maintain and submit written clinical records as deemed by the Agency, including the initial evaluation, the care plan and daily notes.
- Evaluate the patients and family's response to, and effectiveness of, the medical social work intervention.
- Confirm, on a weekly basis, the scheduling of visits with the patients’ Case Managers to facilitate coordination of other staff visits.
- Participate in IDG and QAPI meetings and activities.
- If the patient/family declines Social Work services, the Social worker continues to offer support to the IDG in it’s care of the patient and to monitor the patient/caregiver’s evolving needs.
- Participate in discharge planning, as needed.
- Assume responsibility for self-development by continually striving to improve his/her Medical Social
- Worker practice through formal education, attendance at workshops and conferences, active participation in professional and related organizational meetings, and/or individual research and reading.
- Assess the patient's/ family members’ ability to cope with the patient’s dying.
- Act as consultant to the members of the health team, assists them in understanding the social, emotional and environmental factors related to the patient's health problems.
- Help patients to utilize the resources of their families and the community.
- The Medical Social Worker is an individual licensed by GA State Board of Social Work
- Examiners, has a master’s degree in social work form a graduate school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- Must be a Licensed Clinical or Master Social Worker (LCSW or LMSW)
- At least one year of post-master’s social work experience in a health care setting
- Hospice experience preferred.
- Ability to reliably handle and maintain confidential information.
- Must be a licensed driver with an insured automobile in good working order.
- The ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing.
Full-time employees qualify for the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- Paid Time Off accrual
- Paid Office Holidays
All employees qualify for these benefits:
- Paid Sick Time
- 401(k) with up to 3% company match
- Referral Program
- Payactiv: pay-on-demand. Cash out earned money when and where you need it!
Ennoble Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring the best team possible, and does not discriminate against protected characteristics including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.