Product Operations Manager
We know you have a choice of where to work, and we want you to choose Eleven. Part tactical leader and part strategist, this role will lead the Product team’s effort in establishing and optimizing the internal processes, tools, and structures used to plan, build, release and communicate about our products. This role serves as a bridge between our Product and Engineering teams, constantly evaluating and delivering plans that capture the needs of both teams, keeping us aligned and driving Eleven’s growth. This role understands highly technical concepts and how to break them down for different audiences, delivering product knowledge and context in the language appropriate for each team. Ultimately, this role will visualize the Product team as “the product,” finding ways to internally improve the value created by the team.
This role reports directly to the Director of Product Management and has no direct reports.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop an understanding of adjacent teams within the organization and the underlying systems that drive their work
- Using deep knowledge of SaaS development practices, set a new standard of excellence by enabling the Product & Engineering teams to continuously improve the product planning and development processes
- Support the design of, and own core execution of operational frameworks and processes for the product-engineering interface such as: annual and quarterly roadmap planning, research and experimentation, status reviews, product showcases, team onboarding and continued education, and go-to-market`
- Utilizing strategic thinking, technical expertise, and tactical leadership, work closely with the Product and Engineering teams to understand and manage competing development priorities, feature-level scope, functionality and timing, parlaying that understanding into improved partnerships between Product and Engineering as well as other internal teams
- Informed by feedback from technical stakeholders, works closely with the VP of Product and Product Managers to create and track quarterly objectives, triage issues, continuously improve product release readiness, and to launch new features, updates, and fixes
- Collaborate with project leads and stakeholders to ensure the team is delivering against program expectations and the product roadmap
- Partner with Product Managers to enable the business for upcoming product releases
- Own and manage development projects/releases related to our ongoing operational readiness stance, including billing, subscription management, and regulatory compliance (such as SOC2, GDPR, CCPA)
- Run weekly backlog reviews, and other ritual meetings with engineering teams
- Track product development KPIs, benchmarks, expectations and ensure adherence and clear communication across business lines; ensure Product and Engineering teams have the data needed to understand team capacity in order to facilitate future release schedule planning
- Own the management, adoption, and improvement of our tools and processes and support standardization of execution process across the organization
- Coordinate our highest priority cross-team product initiatives, keeping teams accountable to their milestones, elevating, resolving barriers to achieving our outcomes, and ensuring transparency in our communications to the broader organization
- Build tight communication and feedback loops with our cross-functional partners for our product roadmap, bugs, feature requests, and incidents
- Maintain product team knowledge base
- Align product deliverables / releases to strategic goals while ensuring we are able to maintain delivery to existing customers
- Identify areas of operational opportunity
- Eventually, this role will build programs for gathering, synthesizing, and reporting on product feedback and for tracking and reporting on feature adoption so that product managers can better understand product users
- 3+ years of SaaS experience required; 6+ years preferred
- Relevant experience in product operations, program/project management, product management or a similar role preferred
- Experience working in a growing company in an emerging area, where processes are evolving
- Deep understanding and demonstrated use of standard product discovery and development methodologies, (e.g. agile scrum, Kanban)
- Proven track record of designing and executing transformative programs with heavy cross-functional go-to-market collaboration - including processes and systems to support predictability and goal accomplishment
- Demonstrated experience in product delivery and engineering best practices
- Successfully worked with engineering teams in defining, planning, and executing against a product roadmap
- Strong track-record of delivering and influencing product decisions
- Proven experience owning and improving technical products
- Comfortable coordinating execution and managing expectations across a diverse team with many internal and external dependencies
- Demonstrated ability to flex from strategic work to tactical work with agility
- Ability to influence and affect change at all levels of an organization
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Seeks to understand first, makes data-driven decisions, has willingness to take risks and a deep sense of ownership and accountability
- Bias toward simplicity - applying the minimal necessary structure and process, and keeping the internal stakeholder experience in mind
- Empathy and flexibility - understanding how to thoughtfully navigate the different work practices and contexts of various stakeholders and implement programs skillfully
- Self-directed, detail-oriented, and enjoy figuring out the most important problem to work on
- Deep understanding of portfolio and capacity planning
- Experience applying and coaching a variety of Agile and non-Agile methodologies
- Experience taking technical concepts and turning them into effective messaging and positioning
If you don't meet all of the above qualifications, please still consider applying. We always consider candidates for the role based on what they bring and their full potential at Eleven.
The target salary range for this position is $135,000 - $155,000; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This salary is in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Pay is based on market compensation research.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and printers. Currently, this job operates in a home office environment. There is a 10% travel requirement for this role.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Life at Eleven Software
- We've been recognized as a Oregon top workplace for 2023, 2022, 2021 and received special accolades for flexibility in 2020!
- Recognition from the Portland Business Journal as a Healthiest Employer of Oregon in 2022
- Regular company meetings to transparently share our performance to our goals
- Periodic events that bring our folks together to team-build and have some fun (virtual & in person)
- Always asking for and acting on employee feedback to keep our culture strong
- A team-oriented environment focused on success and collaboration
- Annual reviews with performance-based merit increases
- Balanced Time Off policy that doesn’t track PTO (take it as you need it) and includes paid sabbaticals & parental leave
- Flexible remote work options with company-wide collaboration on Slack and Google
- Corporate headquarters in the heart of downtown Portland, OR (dog-friendly!)
- Great medical/dental/vision benefits, covered at 100% for employees and partially for families
- 401(k) matching with full vesting after 1 year
- 11 paid holidays
Eleven is an inclusive employer and will continue to recruit, hire, train, and promote into all job levels without regard to race, religion, gender, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, source of income, or protected veteran status. It is our policy to prohibit workplace harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of protected status. We are committed to creating a respectful and professional work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, and retaliation and that promotes employment opportunities.
Still want to know more about us? We’re flattered. Learn more about our company and products at www.elevensoftware.com.