Solutions Consultant (US/ Canada) - 100% Remote
What is the role?
dotCMS is a cloud-based Digital Experience platform that is changing the way enterprises do digital. We are looking for an individual who understands modern cloud software development and engineering as well as understand the Content Management, Digital Asset Management, MarTech and digital business spaces.
As the Solutions Consultant at dotCMS, you will play a crucial role in the sales process and continued support of existing customers by bridging the gap between the technical aspects of the product and the customer's needs. Their primary responsibility is understanding customers' technical requirements and challenges and effectively communicating how dotCMS's solutions can address those needs.
Overall, the role of a Solutions Consultant at dotCMS involves combining technical expertise with excellent communication and problem-solving skills. You will be instrumental in helping customers understand the value proposition of dotCMS's solutions and ensuring a successful sales process by aligning customer needs with the product's capabilities.
We're proud to be 100% remote! dotCMS has been fully remote for over a decade and as an employee, you may work remotely from any location that is compatible with standard U.S. business hours. Please note that we are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time. Additionally, this is a full-time role, and we are not accepting part-time contractors or C2C candidates.
What is dotCMS?
Founded in 2009, dotCMS is the most agile, scalable, and secure content management system for enterprise. Built on leading Java technology, dotCMS is an open-source, hybrid-headless content management system that gives developers the flexibility of a headless CMS while equipping marketers with no-code visual content authoring. Whether you're building a network of global websites, an employee intranet, a customer portal, or a single-page web application, dotCMS helps you manage content, images, and assets in one centralized location and deliver them to any channel. Some of our notable customers include Telus, Standard & Poors, Hospital Corporation of America, Royal Bank of Canada, Deutsche Bank, Comcast, Vodafone, Thomson Reuters, Dairy Queen, Lennox International, Chewy.com, and O’Reilly Autoparts.
Who are we, really?
At “the dot”, you’ll find a diverse team of authentic individuals who share the goal of building the most agile, scalable, and secure content management system, delighting customers and having a lot of fun doing it. We’re a curious, innovative, and collaborative group that works from anywhere, having been 100% remote long before a pandemic required it. Working remotely is in our DNA, whether it’s to enjoy the beautiful views of new countries or just more “you” time outside of work. And since we don’t gather around the water cooler in an office, we like to gather around the cool waters of Costa Rica a few times a year for our regular off-sites, where we blow off some steam and re-energize as a group.
- Participate in discovery calls to identify the customer’s needs - especially during the solution phase to better understand customers' technical needs.
- Align across multiple functions to scope our solution in support of customer goals.
- Collaborate with Sales and other teams on overall solutions design.
- Support presales activities, product positions, and offers, responding to technical clarifications.
- Draft and deliver compelling demos tailored to the prospect best suited to their needs
- Demonstrate the features of company products, and create configured software solutions for the clients.
- Draft presentations on targeted products.
- Use specific knowledge about dotCMS technologies to strengthen further penetration.
- Work together cross-functionally with Sales and other teams to grow the pipeline and improve customer satisfaction.
Why we get excited about you?
- 5+ years of experience in Engineering roles.
- 1-3 years of Solution Engineering experience selling SaaS or related industry experience.
- Experience working with a Content Management Platform or similar technology is preferable.
- Demonstrated experience in Front-end technologies, such as NextJS, HTML, Angular, and React.
- Solid understanding of software architecture, cloud computing, APIs, integrations, and relevant programming languages.
- Experience with CSS and CSS frameworks.
- Experience working with cloud technologies is a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate technical information to non-technical individuals and to collaborate internally with other teams.
- Demonstrated experience in presentation and interpersonal skills for building relationships.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or any related field. Equivalent experience would be considered.
Why should you join?
If you have great experience, but are tired of being a cog in a giant corporate wheel, this job is for you. It’s a chance to create new SaaS offerings at an established, growing company with a mature product in use by major global organizations. Everything you do, every day, will make a huge impact on our company. Your work will be seen, felt and recognized and your past experience valued.
"At dotCMS, we believe that teamwork is the cornerstone of our success. As the CXO and co-founder, I can confidently say that our highly collaborative and cohesive team's efforts drive us forward. Our diverse talents and skills allow us to overcome challenges, take on opportunities, and innovate. At dotCMS we value every individual's contribution and understand that by fostering a culture of teamwork, we create an environment where each team member can thrive, grow, and make a meaningful impact." Jason Smith - CXO/Co-founder dotCMS
Your Compensation. We offer competitive compensation that allows you to make a great living for yourself and your loved ones. Full-time employees are also eligible to share in the success of our company through our equity package.
Your Team. We are a humble, competitive, and small vendor making waves in our industry, and you will be part of a team that has your back. You never walk alone! We are a diverse and distributed team, and we offer annual company paid training and development to our employees.
Your Voice. Your voice matters to all of us, and we appreciate your opinion as we scale our company to the next level in an open and transparent environment. We will periodically update the entire team on business performance and strategic initiatives and offer the stage for an entrepreneurial-minded professional to produce key initiatives that help to move the needle.
Your Benefits. We offer a comprehensive medical/dental/vision plan with 100% monthly premium coverage for employees. Additionally, we also offer 16 weeks of paid parental leave, STD and LTD.
Your Office. We are a 100% remote work company. We value you as an individual, team member, and professional. We can only expect you to deliver high-performance with the right amount of You-time, therefore you will be a full-time contract employee who can enjoy an unlimited PTO policy and a generous amount of paid company holidays.
dotCMS is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.