Datacor is the leading provider of software solutions, including ERP, CRM, Asset Tracking, Simulation and Formulation, to the process manufacturing space. We are on a mission to better equip the industry with software solutions and move it forward by building thoughtful, intuitive products that solve our customers’ most difficult problems.
We are passionate about serving our customers and helping them use data as a competitive advantage. Our customers make products that extend and sustain lives by sanitizing, fertilizing, beautifying, cleaning, and recycling the world we live in. We at Datacor help our customers make those products you use every day more safely, cost effectively and more efficiently through our technology platforms and applications.
The Technical Writer’s mission at Datacor is to develop, publish, and manage user documentation that enables customer self-service and product adoption. The Technical Writer will join our rapidly growing product team and will work with cross-functional stakeholders including Product Management, Engineering, Customer Support, Product Marketing, and end-users to develop and continuously improve our customer user-facing product documentation.
This is an individual contributor role with a growth opportunity for the right candidate to build a Technical Documentation team over time and shape the way that Datacor develops and delivers documentation to our users.
- Participate in the review and selection of a content management system (CMS) that will be used to develop and deliver content across our product portfolio.
- Collaborate with product team members to incorporate documentation activities in our development processes
- Gather and analyze technical and product information from various sources to document new or changing product functionality
- Use a content management system (CMS) to draft, review, and publish technical information for technical and non-technical users
- Test both the product and its documentation for accuracy and consistency
- Produce how-tos, tutorials, user guides, and other knowledge base assets
- Collaborate with other technical writers and translation vendors to ensure timely release and translation of product documentation
- 2-5 years in the technical writing field having successfully designed, authored and delivered online technical documentation
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Technical Communication and/or Writing, English or a related technical discipline (Computer Science or Information Systems)
- Strong technical writing, grammar, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience in adhering to a documentation information model and style guide
- Experience working with agile software development teams
- Experience with one or more CMS systems
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), manufacturing, or supply chain planning software is preferred
#LI-DNI (do not remove)