Senior Business Analyst
Our team voted and made it official! Clariti has been awarded the prestigious, Great Place To Work in Canada, and we couldn’t be more humbled. Our People make empowering cultures possible, and we know what it takes to drive strong engagement because we live it every day, in all of the small and big things we do.
Read more about Us, Our People, and Our Culture here.
What do we do?
We empower governments to deliver exceptional citizen experiences
Clariti’s government software helps North America’s largest and fastest growing communities deliver exceptional community development, permitting, and licensing experiences online. Every day, our solutions help governments approve more permits for new homes, business licenses for entrepreneurs, and professional licenses for essential workers.
As of 2023, following Clariti’s acquisition of Camino Technologies, a leading permitting and licensing software company serving small and mid-sized governments, our software is used by over 150 million people each day.
If you’re interested in learning more about our company culture, and joining our team of relentless builders, you can check out more about our team here.
What will you work on?
Reporting to the Manager, Professional Services, the Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for gathering customer requirements and translating them into an effective process within our software.
The core responsibility for this role is overseeing implementations, typically a multi-month process that involves mapping out customer workflows and configuring them in our software. In some cases, customers choose to self-implement, in which case you will provide guidance and best practices. In other cases, you will do the system configuration directly, developing a deep expertise in our technologies. Beyond the implementation, you will also assist customers with system updates and train them as new functionality becomes available.
As a Senior Business Analyst at Clariti, you’ll get to :
- Manage the implementation process for new customers, including creating the project plan, tracking milestones, process mapping, and system configuration work
- Perform business assessments to identify and document client requirements regarding Clariti Software products and functionality to ensure efficient software solutions for the clients' needs
- Identify and document business/technical requirement specifications for specific software design/development, forms, reports, interfaces, processes, and other relevant changes using best practice toolkits
- Configure and modify templates, workflows, users, roles and profiles
- Serve as the Clariti software expert for existing clients, ensuring their requests and needs are captured and executed on
- Maintain communication with customers and/or partners, and internal (Professional Services, Technical Support and Product Management) teams to overcome challenges and ensure design objectives are met
- Train new customers on how to use Clariti software and offer technical guidance
- Build strong relationships with customers and make them Clariti evangelists, ensuring high customer retention and satisfaction rates
What you bring to the team?
- Four-year college degree or comparable work experience at a SaaS technology company in Implementation, Solutions Architecture, and Project Management
- 1-3 years of hands-on configuration experience leading implementations with clients or working with partners
- Experience working in an Agile or “modified-Agile” environment
- Experience managing multi-stakeholder, multi-month implementation projects
- Experience writing, documenting and creating processes and product training materials
- Technical aptitude and proficiency with workflow software
- Experience with public sector customers and permitting and licensing implementation are a plus but not a requirement
- Ability to occasionally travel to/within the US
Why join Clariti?
Our Commitment to ED&I
At Clariti, we’re on a continuous learning journey as it relates to Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion. We know that diversity is a strength, and recognize that the unique backgrounds across our team help us make better decisions, result in more creative solutions, and ultimately lead us to stronger paths of success. We’re working to create a workplace and team that is as diverse as the communities we serve, and we aim to provide an environment that allows every person to bring their whole and authentic self to work every day. Curious how we’ve been working on this? Reach out to our People & Talent team and we’d be happy to share more details on the workshops, policies, and processes that we have both in place today, and in the works for the future.
We are inspired by the unique contributions and insights of our team members, and are invested in continuously improving our employees’ experiences as we grow. We pride ourselves on supporting our team to show up every day being the best they can be, and in addition to our collaborative and people-focused environment, we offer our team:
- 100% ‘remote-first’ Work Environment - our people are our greatest asset, and everyone requires a different environment to do their best work. To maintain flexibility in our workstyles and locations, our team works remotely - currently across Canada and the United States
- Flexible Work Hours - everyone on the team works a typical 8-hour workday, however as we span various timezones, we have defined core hours for collaboration from 9am-2pm (PST). Outside of that window, we recognize that everyone has busy and diverse lives, so we encourage our team to be flexible in their schedules for work based on their personal needs and preferences
- Competitive Total Compensation - we recognize the valuable contributions and hard work of our team, and reward them for it!
- Personal Time Off (PTO) - we recognize the need for recreation, and to ensure that all employees are taking adequate rest, we offer our team 29 days of paid time-off (broken down as 3 weeks of vacation + 8 flex days + 2 holiday observance days + 4 team appreciation days)
- Comprehensive Extended Benefits package - including coverage for medical, dental and vision - starting on day one!
- $500 Annual Wellness Spending Account - (prorated based on start date) for team members' personal health and wellbeing
- An Annual Professional Development budget, and high potential for growth and continuous learning
- Team Building Initiatives - in partnership with leadership and our People & Talent team, we have a culture committee who regularly host events and activities to support team socials and engagement
- Onboarding & Quarterly WFH budget - we provide each of our team members with $300 to get started, and $150 per quarter (adjusted based on CAN or US location) to spend towards home office expenses, co-working memberships, or anything they need to make their personal work space comfortable
- Tech Tools and Stack - we provide the team with a Mac (or PC where necessary), and for regular collaboration and day-to-day work management, we use Google Workspace, Zoom, Slack, Confluence/Jira, Lattice, Rippling and Greenhouse
Background checks - Because our customers trust us with sensitive information, we require all successful candidates to undergo comprehensive background checks before joining our team. We focus strictly on global sanctions and criminal offences that are directly relevant to employment at Clariti, and follow all applicable privacy and human rights legislation. Questions? Ask us - we're here to help.
Don’t meet all the requirements but still interested in applying for an opportunity? We’re all on a journey to learn constantly and have areas to grow in and develop. If you bring some of the above skills to the table and are still developing in others, please apply with us anyway! Learning and experience isn’t a one-way path, if you believe you have the background needed to make an impact in this role, we’d love to hear from you.