Head of Customer Experience
Our team voted and made it official! Clariti has been awarded the prestigious, Great Place To Work in Canada, and we couldn’t be more humbled. Our People make empowering cultures possible, and we know what it takes to drive strong engagement because we live it every day, in all of the small and big things we do.
Read more about Us, Our People, and Our Culture here.
What do we do?
We empower governments to deliver exceptional citizen experiences
Clariti Cloud Inc. is in the business of building SaaS technology to transform the way governments serve their citizens. Our product has real world implications - this means nursing licenses renewed at a faster rate to mitigate staffing shortages in healthcare, tighter turnaround on the permits you need to get started on that home renovation project you’ve been excited about, smoother processing of business licenses to enable entrepreneurs to make their dream a reality, and the list goes on. We’ve realized the issues that come with outdated solutions that are difficult to maintain and support, or even worse, paper-based processes that are no longer scaleable - and this is what drives us to do what we do, continuously improve, and to disrupt the status quo. In a nutshell, we are supporting governments to digitize their workflows so they are internally more efficient while managing permit requests, and externally resolving citizen’ issues transparently and effectively.
If you’re interested in learning more about our company culture, and joining our team of relentless builders, you can check out more about our team here.
What will you work on?
Reporting to the Co-CEO, the Head of of Customer Experience will develop and execute a comprehensive strategy that ensures exceptional customer experiences throughout the customer journey. This includes leading the teams that own the end-to-end execution of processes across the customer journey, and fostering a culture of customer-centricity within the organization. The ultimate goal is to support our customers in achieving their objectives through Clariti’s solutions. As a key member of the senior leadership team, the VP of Customer Experience plays a critical role in shaping the company's overall brand reputation and positioning Clariti as the most trusted partner for the public sector.
As Head of Customer Experience at Clariti, you’ll get to:
- Develop and implement a customer experience strategy to differentiate Clariti through exceptional customer experiences.
- Enhance our customer journey, identifying the key touch points across interactions with customers and developing strategies to optimize each step of the journey.
- Champion the customer within the organization, advocating for the customer in all decision-making processes at the executive level to ensure that customer needs are taken into account when making strategic decisions.
- Measure and analyze customer data to identify trends and areas for improvement, including analyzing customer feedback, support metrics, and other customer-related data to develop insights that can be used to improve the customer experience.
- Lead customer-facing teams, including coaching sub-function leaders (professional services, technical support, account management) to ensure that all teams are aligned and focused on delivering an exceptional customer experience.
- Ensure the most effective and efficient communications channels are set with customers to best service their needs. Define the right technologies, processes and people to operate them.
- Refine roles and responsibilities, hire talent accordingly, train, coach and mentor the team and help them grow their skills and careers.
- Build reports and dashboards to gain and share visibility, identify challenges and opportunities and pinpoint needed actions to best manage projects.
- Set KPIs for the team success, measures against them and set up measures to improve. Identify benchmarks for KPIs that will enable us to best compare our performance towards further improvements.
- Collaborate with all departments (i.e. Sales, Marketing, Partnerships, Product, etc.) to ensure that customer needs are taken into account when making decisions that impact the customer experience.
What you bring to the team?
- 2+ years VP level (or equivalent) experience leading customer-facing teams at small to midsize software company (50 - 500 employees)
- 6+ years of experience leading preferably at least two of the following functions: Customer Success, Professional Services, Account Management or Technical Support
- Experience managing enterprise size customers and implementations (most implementation projects take 6+ months)
- Experience working with Public Sector customers is a plus
- Experience working with (and preferably deploying) technology tools used for Customer Experience, including: CRM, Customer Success Management platforms, Case Management Systems, Survey Tools, Learning Management Systems, etc.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to inspire and motivate teams to deliver exceptional customer experiences
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, as well as with customers and external partners
- Strong analytical skills and ability to use data to make informed decisions and develop effective customer experience strategies
- Strong knowledge of the latest trends and best practices in customer experience
- Strong change management skills and ability to lead change within the organization and be comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty
Why join Clariti?
Our Commitment to ED&I
At Clariti, we’re on a continuous learning journey as it relates to Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion. We know that diversity is a strength, and recognize that the unique backgrounds across our team help us make better decisions, result in more creative solutions, and ultimately lead us to stronger paths of success. We’re working to create a workplace and team that is as diverse as the communities we serve, and we aim to provide an environment that allows every person to bring their whole and authentic self to work every day. Curious how we’ve been working on this? Reach out to our People & Talent team and we’d be happy to share more details on the workshops, policies, and processes that we have both in place today, and in the works for the future.
We are inspired by the unique contributions and insights of our team members, and are invested in continuously improving our employees’ experiences as we grow. We pride ourselves on supporting our team to show up every day being the best they can be, and in addition to our collaborative and people-focused environment, we offer our team:
- 100% ‘remote-first’ Work Environment - our people are our greatest asset, and everyone requires a different environment to do their best work. To maintain flexibility in our workstyles and locations, our team works remotely - currently across Canada and the United States
- Flexible Work Hours - everyone on the team works a typical 8-hour workday, however as we span various timezones, we have defined core hours for collaboration from 9am-2pm (PST). Outside of that window, we recognize that everyone has busy and diverse lives, so we encourage our team to be flexible in their schedules for work based on their personal needs and preferences
- Competitive Total Compensation and Performance Incentives/Bonus plan - we recognize the valuable contributions and hard work of our team, and reward them for it!
- Personal Time Off (PTO) - we recognize the need for recreation, and to ensure that all employees are taking adequate rest, we offer our team 29 days of paid time-off (broken down as 3 weeks of vacation + 8 flex days + 2 holiday observance days + 4 team appreciation days)
- Comprehensive Extended Benefits package - including coverage for medical, dental and vision - starting on day one!
- $500 Annual Wellness Spending Account - (prorated based on start date) for team members' personal health and wellbeing
- An Annual Professional Development budget, and high potential for growth and continuous learning
- Team Building Initiatives - in partnership with leadership and our People & Talent team, we have a culture committee who regularly host events and activities to support team socials and engagement
- Onboarding & Quarterly WFH budget - we provide each of our team members with $300 to get started, and $150 per quarter (adjusted based on CAN or US location) to spend towards home office expenses, co-working memberships, or anything they need to make their personal work space comfortable
- Tech Tools and Stack - we provide the team with a Mac (or PC where necessary), and for regular collaboration and day-to-day work management, we use Google Workspace, Zoom, Slack, Confluence/Jira, Lattice, Rippling and Greenhouse
Background checks - Because our customers trust us with sensitive information, we require all successful candidates to undergo comprehensive background checks before joining our team. We focus strictly on global sanctions and criminal offences that are directly relevant to employment at Clariti, and follow all applicable privacy and human rights legislation. Questions? Ask us - we're here to help.
Don’t meet all the requirements but still interested in applying for an opportunity? We’re all on a journey to learn constantly and have areas to grow in and develop. If you bring some of the above skills to the table and are still developing in others, please apply with us anyway! Learning and experience isn’t a one-way path, if you believe you have the background needed to make an impact in this role, we’d love to hear from you.