Senior Financial Analyst (Hybrid, Toronto)
About Banyan Software:
Banyan Software provides the best permanent home for successful enterprise software companies, their employees, and customers. We are on a mission to acquire, build and grow great enterprise software businesses all over the world that have dominant positions in niche vertical markets. In recent years, Banyan was named the #1 fastest-growing private software company in the US on the Inc. 5000 and amongst the top 10 fastest-growing companies by the Deloitte Technology Fast 500. Founded in 2016 with a permanent capital base setup to preserve the legacy of founders, Banyan focuses on a buy and hold for life strategy for growing software companies that serve specialized vertical markets.
This is an exciting and entrepreneurial opportunity to join a fast-paced software consolidator with a very significant growth trajectory. The Senior Financial Analyst will report to the Finance Manager or designate. This role will focus on partnering with operating and finance colleagues to support small high-quality software businesses owned by Banyan Software. The position is ideal for an individual that has the interest and aptitude to be in involved all aspects of finance operations, including revenue recognition, accounts payables and expenses, cash management, financial reporting, and analysis, as well as systems. This finance group also aims to play a “value added” role by leveraging financial and other data to drive shareholder value.
- Prepare timely and accurate GAAP financial statements, board reporting, budgets, and KPIs of operating companies to drive growth and smart decision-making.
- Perform quality assurance on finance and accounting work product (e.g., reviewing GL postings for accuracy, monitoring revenue recognition, refining variance explanations in reporting, etc.)
- Contribute to the operational performance of operating companies through analysis of budget-to-actuals, operational revenue and expense analysis, and insights that further facilitate decision making.
- Support the operational / financial integration of acquisitions and implement financial initiatives contemplated in M&A business cases.
- Development of ad hoc reports
- Document Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to promote best practices and efficiency across the portfolio.
- Provide financial advice and guidance to business as requested.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a finance/accounting role
- College degree in business, accounting, or finance will be preferred.
- Accounting designation or working towards a designation preferred
- Solid working knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Experience with Sage Intacct and/or QuickBooks is an asset.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Highly motivated and energetic with interest in entrepreneurship, software, and finance
Banyan Software company encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Applicants with disabilities may notify us of any accommodations needed to support your participation in the recruitment process. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying. Please be aware that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted for this position.
Banyan Software is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regards to race, gender, disability or protected veteran’s status.