M&A Associate (Toronto)
About Banyan Software:
Banyan Software provides the best permanent home for successful enterprise software companies, their employees, and customers. We are on a mission to acquire, build and grow great enterprise software businesses all over the world that have dominant positions in niche vertical markets. In recent years, Banyan was named the #1 fastest-growing private software company in the US on the Inc. 5000 and amongst the top 10 fastest-growing companies by the Deloitte Technology Fast 500. Founded in 2016 with a permanent capital base setup to preserve the legacy of founders, Banyan focuses on a buy and hold for life strategy for growing software companies that serve specialized vertical markets.
Job Profile: This is an exciting opportunity to become a key contributor of a lean, high-energy, high-volume M&A team. The core activities will resemble that of a technology-focused corporate development team or private equity firm. The Associate will take on critical functions within the deal origination, diligence, and transaction processes, and will have a measurable impact on the organization. The experience will be unique and rewarding with the Associate being exposed to new industries, business models, valuation methods, research techniques, C-level executives.
- Collaborate with Banyan’s M&A and the executive team to source and evaluate acquisitions.
- Lead conversations with owners, advisors, and bankers with the highest level of professionalism and integrity.
- Prepare and analyze financial and non-financial information, valuation, and operational models.
- Drive the entire M&A process, including conducting detailed financial, sales, marketing, and operational diligence; drafting investment memorandums for board approval; and crafting integration strategy.
- Manage diligence processes and engage with internal/ external legal, technology, HR, and tax.
- Assist in the finance, operations, and integration of newly acquired businesses.
Qualifications for success:
- Strong academic record from a competitive institution with a degree in Business or Finance
- Minimum of 4 years working at a top-tier banking, private equity firm, investment banking firm, or software specific industry.
- Expertise in building financial models, and proficiency in preparing thoughtfully structured analysis.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills with the ability to converse with senior executives.
- Ambitious career goals with the ability to work flexible hours to grow within a fast-growing organization.
- A strong understanding of technology and a passion for the software industry.
Banyan Software company encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Applicants with disabilities may notify us of any accommodations needed to support your participation in the recruitment process. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying.
Please be aware that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted for this position. Banyan Software is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability, or protected veteran’s status.