Director, M&A (Toronto)
About Banyan Software:
Banyan Software provides the best permanent home for successful enterprise software companies, their employees, and customers. We are on a mission to acquire, build and grow great enterprise software businesses all over the world that have dominant positions in niche vertical markets. In recent years, Banyan was named the #1 fastest-growing private software company in the US on the Inc. 5000 and amongst the top 10 fastest-growing companies by the Deloitte Technology Fast 500. Founded in 2016 with a permanent capital base setup to preserve the legacy of founders, Banyan focuses on a buy and hold for life strategy for growing software companies that serve specialized vertical markets.
As a front-line leader on the M&A team, the Director leads multiple acquisitions per year from early-stage evaluation through to post-closing integration, meeting with business owners to evaluate alignment with the company’s acquisition criteria and to determine prospective company valuations. Post-acquisition, the Director will be responsible for strategy and key operational improvements. Working closely with the origination team and operating partners, and finance team, the Director will be expected to lead and grow the M&A function within their industry vertical, providing senior leadership and direction to the team.
- Meet with software owners and share the company’s value proposition of being the best permanent home for the acquired business.
- Lead multiple acquisition processes per year from LOI to closing,collaborating with business owners on key issues and roadblocks along the way to successful closings.
- Analyze financial data and prepare financial valuation models.
- Lead diligence efforts to surface key risks and opportunities in target businesses.
- Effectively manage internal resources and outside vendors as needed (tech, accounting, legal).
- Manage post-acquisition integration, implementing the company’s best practices for running software companies and capitalizing on the opportunities surfaced during diligence.
- Nurture business broker and banker relationships to aid in business development efforts.
- Build an M&A team to support development of a specialized vertical.
Qualifications for success:
- 5-10 years in corporate development, preferably working with technology companies or in an acquisition-focused consolidator.
- Other relevant experience will be considered, such as operating experience as a leader within a growing software company, experience with recurring revenue business models at a top-tier consulting firm, or those with an investment banking background.
- CA/CPA and/or MBA is an asset.
- Ability to quickly evaluate key risks and opportunities in a business.
- Ability to negotiate and execute acquisitions with business owners/executives.
- Financial literacy and ability to build presentations for executive team/board-level audiences.
Banyan Software company encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Applicants with disabilities may notify us of any accommodations needed to support your participation in the recruitment process. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying.
Please be aware that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted for this position. Banyan Software is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability, or protected veteran’s status.