Finance Manager (Hybrid Toronto)
Banyan Software provides the best permanent home for successful enterprise software companies, their employees, and customers. We are on a mission to acquire, build and grow great enterprise software businesses all over the world that have dominant positions in niche vertical markets. In recent years, Banyan was named the #1 fastest-growing private software company in the US on the Inc. 5000 and amongst the top 10 fastest-growing companies by the Deloitte Technology Fast 500. Founded in 2016 with a permanent capital base setup to preserve the legacy of founders, Banyan focuses on a buy and hold for life strategy for growing software companies that serve specialized vertical markets.
This is an exciting and entrepreneurial opportunity to join a fast-paced software consolidator with a very significant growth trajectory. This role will report to Banyan’s Chief Financial Officer. The position is ideal for an individual seeking a leadership role that combines their technical finance and accounting acumen with business operations. As Finance Manager, they will lead the accounting, treasury, FP&A, reporting, and finance systems responsibilities related to a portfolio of small high-quality software businesses owned by Banyan. They will also assist in the integration of new acquisitions. This group aims to play a “value added” role by partnering with senior operators and leveraging data to drive insights and shareholder value.
- Lead the Finance function for a portfolio of companies with support from a team of internal and offshore finance resources
- Contribute to the day-to-day accounting work of the portfolio, including but not limited to setting up customer contracts, ensuring correct oversight and supervision as it pertains to booking expenses and accruals, treasury and banking needs
- Assist in the preparation of timely and accurate GAAP financial statements, board reporting, budgets, and KPIs of operating companies
- Perform quality assurance on finance and accounting work product (e.g., reviewing GL postings for accuracy, monitoring revenue recognition, refining variance explanations in reporting, etc.)
- Contribute to the performance of operating companies through analysis of budget-to-actuals, revenue and expense analysis, and insights that further facilitate decision-making
- Lead the operational / financial integration of acquisitions and implement financial initiatives identified during the M&A process
- Lead finance process improvement projects that drive efficiency and best-practices within our operating companies.
- Document Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to promote best practices and efficiency across the portfolio
- Other ad-hoc tasks that may arise from time-to-time
Qualifications for success:
The ideal candidate for the role will possess the following characteristics:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in a finance/accounting role
- Recognized professional accounting designation (CPA, CA). Experience with U.S. GAAP and software is an asset
- Proven ability to lead teams, implement change, and drive process improvement
- Ability to delegate, and coordinate various tasks & projects with our offshore team
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills with the ability to converse with senior business executives
- Experience integrating acquisitions, implementing system transitions, or designing financial processes is an asset
- Experience with Sage Intacct and/or QuickBooks is an asset.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high detail orientation
- Highly motivated and energetic with interest in entrepreneurship, software, and finance
Banyan Software company encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Applicants with disabilities may notify us of any accommodations needed to support your participation in the recruitment process. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying. Please be aware that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted for this position.
Banyan Software is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veterans’ status.