M&A Analyst (Manchester, UK)
Banyan Software provides the best permanent home for successful enterprise software companies, their employees, and customers. We are on a mission to acquire, build and grow great enterprise software businesses all over the world that have dominant positions in niche vertical markets. In recent years, Banyan was named the #1 fastest-growing private software company in the US on the Inc. 5000 and amongst the top 10 fastest-growing companies by the Deloitte Technology Fast 500. Founded in 2016 with a permanent capital base setup to preserve the legacy of founders, Banyan focuses on a buy and hold for life strategy for growing software companies that serve specialized vertical markets.
Location – UK, flexible (travel across UK & Europe subject to requirements)
This is an exciting opportunity to become a key contributor of a lean, high-energy, high-volume M&A team. The core activities will resemble that of a technology-focused corporate development team or private equity firm.
The Associate will play a key role across various critical functions within the deal origination, diligence, and transaction processes, and will have a measurable impact on the organization. The experience will be unique and rewarding, with the successful candidate being exposed to new industries, business models, valuation methods, research techniques, and C-level executives.
- Reporting into the Group’s M&A Director, the candidate will play a pivotal role in evaluating and transacting acquisitions across the UK & Europe
- Engage in conversations with business owners, advisors, and bankers with the highest level of professionalism and integrity
- Prepare and analyze financial and non-financial information, valuation and operational models
- Lead several key transactional workstreams, including conducting detailed financial, sales, marketing, and operational diligence; drafting investment memoranda for board approval; and assisting in the scoping and implementation of the integration strategy
- Assisting in several key diligence processes and gaining exposure to internal / external legal counsel, and working across technology, HR, and tax diligence
- Assist in the finance, operations, and integration of newly acquired businesses
Qualifications for success:
- Strong academic record, preferably with an ACA / ACCA background
- Minimum of 3 years working at a top-tier accounting (preferably ‘Big-Four’), M&A boutique, or investment banking firm – preferably including direct experience in either M&A or Transaction Services
- Track-record of working on several M&A transactions (buy and sell-side), with preference to experience in the lower mid-market
- Knowledge of technical M&A specific areas – including locked box & completion accounts, normalized working capital
- Expertise in building financial models, and proficiency in preparing thoughtfully structured analysis
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills with the ability to converse with senior executives
- Ambitious career goals with the ability to work flexible hours to grow within a fast-growing organization
- A strong understanding of technology and a passion for the software industry
Compensation and benefits:
- Competitive base salary and bonus
- Opportunity to secure meaningful equity in our fast-growing company
- Significant upwards growth trajectory for high performers
- Generous vacation policy and supplemental health benefits plan
- Annual stipend for professional development opportunities
- Remote work flexibility, regular team events
Banyan Software company encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Applicants with disabilities may notify us of any accommodations needed to support your participation in the recruitment process. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying. Please be aware that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted for this position.
Banyan Software is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regards to race, gender, disability or protected veterans status.