Manager, Corporate Development (Netherlands)
Banyan Software provides the best permanent home for successful enterprise software companies, their employees, and customers. We are on a mission to acquire, build and grow great enterprise software businesses all over the world that have dominant positions in niche vertical markets. In recent years, Banyan was named the #1 fastest-growing private software company in the US on the Inc. 5000 and amongst the top 10 fastest-growing companies by the Deloitte Technology Fast 500. Founded in 2016 with a permanent capital base setup to preserve the legacy of founders, Banyan focuses on a buy and hold for life strategy for growing software companies that serve specialized vertical markets.
This position is based in Netherlands.
This is an opportunity to be a key contributor in a rapidly growing global software consolidator. You will play a key role in the company’s sourcing efforts by identifying new qualified vertical market software companies, improving our coverage in our vertical markets, connecting with software owners who are considering the sale of their business, and driving engagement with those companies over time. Reporting to the VP, Corporate Development or their designate, you will leverage your existing prospecting and sales skills in a new and challenging environment. Your origination efforts will directly result in Banyan acquiring businesses each year. If you love the sales process, are genuinely curious about business and M&A, and enjoy learning about new industries, join us!
- Identify, research and evaluate attractive companies based on Banyan’s investment criteria
- Outbound prospects and contact them through a mix of channels including: email, phone, & conferences
- Establish relationships and trust with software business owners in your core verticals and drive daily engagement and nurturing programs
- Proactively collaborate across the entire Banyan team to drive business outcomes and contribute innovative ideas that support our vision of creating a world class sourcing team
- Use Banyan’s software tools and resources to continually increase your effectiveness and efficiency
- Track activity and maintain clear records in Salesforce.com and Outreach and report regularly on KPIs
Qualifications for success:
- 3 to 5 years prior experience in software or related sales or Corporate Development
- Genuinely curious about SaaS software and business with lifelong learning in your DNA
- Thrives in a metrics-driven environment and leverages data to make informed decisions
- Meets and drives to exceed agreed upon KPIs and other critical metrics
- Exceptional writing skills and an ability to drive harmonious two-way conversations
- Loves the sales process and improves upon Banyan’s existing data-driven approach
- A growth-mindset matched with an entrepreneurial spirit and a drive to succeed
- Strives to continually improve skills and is coachable and open to feedback
- A degree in Finance and/or experience related to software sales and M&A are all assets
Banyan Software company encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Applicants with disabilities may notify us of any accommodations needed to support your participation in the recruitment process. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying. Please be aware that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted for this position. Banyan Software is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veterans status.