We’re on the lookout for our first M&A Associate to help source and close our acquisitions. Acquisitions are core to our strategy. We acquire great businesses and help them to grow over long horizons.
What is the opportunity?
This is an opportunity to help build an M&A engine from the ground up. You’ll have the autonomy and responsibility to:
- Manage and evaluate our large and growing pipeline of acquisition opportunities to identify the most attractive investments.
- Build long-term relationships with CEOs and management teams of prospective acquisitions.
- Own deal-related diligence from early conversations to close, including building financial projections, preparing valuation summaries, and performing market research.
- Prepare Investment Memos and present to our Board of Directors.
If you are excited about this role, then you are likely hungry to flex your skills. Instead of being a small part of a huge team, you’ll be a crucial teammate from Day 1. You’ll report directly to our Founder.
Who are you?
📌 You have 1.5 to 4 years of experience in one of the following:
- Private equity
- Corporate development
- Investment banking
- Management consulting (primarily serving PE clients)
- Transaction, valuation or deal advisory
📊 You are adept at building financial models from scratch, with a keen eye for business valuation
👥 Teammates or former managers might describe you in the following ways:
- You are entrepreneurial, motivated, and love solving problems.
- You embrace opportunities to grow and learn new things.
- Although you are self-sufficient, you like contributing to a team and love the feeling of camaraderie when the team wins or accomplishes something together.
Where this role could lead?
If you love what we are building at Aevcor, you’ll have the opportunity to grow into a VP role on our M&A team or join one of our acquired companies in a leadership role (e.g., Chief of Staff, VP of Finance, Chief Revenue Officer).
What is Aevcor?
Aevcor is a long-term investment vehicle, that provides a permanent home to acquire and grow exceptional businesses that serve finance and accounting teams.
💸 Aevcor is backed by the founders of a multi-billion dollar services business, a private equity firm, and a collection of outstanding software and services entrepreneurs.
A few things to know about how Aevcor works
🌎 Do your best work, from anywhere in the US
- We are remote-first, with a deep commitment to create connection and collaboration. This gives team members the flexibility to work wherever their home base is, while linking up in-person at the locations that make the most sense for our work.
- Team members who love the San Francisco Bay Area always have the choice to move here.
💫 Build something exceptional
- We are motivated by a big and bold aspiration to build something exceptional. This means we are committed to giving everyone the autonomy and responsibility to be creative, take risks, and produce excellent outcomes.
🍋 Live and work with zest
- We bring a passion and energy to our work that reflects our belief that work at Aevcor should be energizing, intellectually rewarding, and enjoyable.
What are the benefits?
Our benefits are purposeful - they empower you to do your best work and feel supported while you do that.
Aevcor’s benefits include that:
- We invest in your development. We help fund professional coaching and professional development workshops.
- We pay competitive compensation. We believe that hiring the best talent means paying a salary at or above market rate, with bonuses that motivate exceptional performance.
- We prioritize your health and future. We invest in your health and dental, life/disability insurance, and retirement savings.
- We give you the tools to succeed. We help fund your home office or co-working space to ensure you have the right tools and set up to succeed in your role.
Aevcor is an equal opportunity employer
At Aevcor, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We welcome and celebrate people of different abilities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
We don’t just say this, we believe this and we act on it - diverse perspectives and diverse thinking are core to how we are building and growing Aevcor. Diversity and inclusivity leads to outperformance, the studies on that are clear. Far more importantly, it is the right thing to do, and we stand by that.